According to EnergyStar, the average household spends about $2,200 a year on their energy bill. So here’s an energy bill breakdown:
- 46% on HVAC systems.
- 14% on Water Heating.
- 12% on Lighting.
- 13% on Home Appliances.
- 11% on other Electronics Devices.
- 4% on Phantom Loads.
Want some easy ways to cut the cost? Why not test out these energy saving applications and discover how you can lower your energy bill.
- For saving energy on your HVAC system – Adjust Your Thermostat and Feel the Savings.
- For saving energy on Water Heating – Turn Down Your Water Heater and Stop Burning Money.
- For saving energy on Lighting – Replace Your Bulbs and Change Out Your Energy Bill.
- For saving energy with Home Appliances – Recycle That Old Fridge And Keep Your Wallet Cool.
- For saving energy with Electronics Devices – Use Your Energy Star® Qualified Appliances Like an Energy Star.
- For stopping Phantom Loads – Pull the Plug On High Electric Bills.
For more information, check out this article on Energy Wasters in Your Home.